Yesterday we returned from our Loire River cycling holiday in France. To even begin to tackle all of the photos I took and decide which ones to post is overwhelming, so I decided for my first post to focus on the Loire River itself. I hope you enjoy them.
1. One of the many Loire signs on bridges to be found.
2. The Loire River is sometimes called the last untamed river in Europe. The currents are unpredictable and sand dredging up until the 19th Century was a huge project. When trains came along the river was left to her own devices. As you can see it is indeed wild.
3. A fisherman.
4. These signs helped us navigate the trail. The bicycle trail is called the La loire à vélo.
5. Here’s a sample of what the trail looked like when it was actually a trail. We did go off the trail many a time and found little difficulty sharing the road with cars.
6. The Bridge at Beaugency. Built by the devil in one day.
8. Pique Nique on the Loire.